Personal data that can be gathered via our websites
You may visit Alter Way’s websites without having to disclose your personal data.
However, to access certain services available on our websites, such as downloading documents or forms, or if you wish to receive information, sign up for our newsletter, or for any other specific reason, Alter Way may ask you for your personal data. You are under no obligation to disclose personal data; if you do not wish to do so, you will simply be unable to use the services on the Alter Way website.
The type of personal data gathered from Alter Way’s websites is as follows:
- To contact us via the site: personal information such as your name, address, email address, job title and telephone number;
- To apply for a job: personal information such as your name, email address, CV or cover letter;
- To register on our website: personal information such as your name and business contact details, and any other information relating to your request which might be collected via a specific form;
- To access our online services: personal information such as your name, telephone number, email address, and any other information relating to your request which might be collected via a specific form.
The personal data requested may either be optional or mandatory.
How your personal data is used
Your personal data will only be processed by Alter Way if it is required for the purpose of implementing a contract, for another legitimate purpose for Alter Way, or if you have given your express consent.
Your personal data is thus used for the following purposes:
- Communication: to respond to your questions, requests or comments, and send you any requested documentation via email.
- Recruitment: to use your CV or online application for recruitment purposes, which means we will be able to contact you by email, telephone or post.
- Signing up: to receive our publications or newsletter or download them from our site. Certain data may be requested using a specific form for a particular event. If the event involves partners, the information you provide may be collected by or disclosed to the third party in question. It is your responsibility in this case to find out how this third party uses your information. We shall keep your information in order to contact you in the future.
Automatically-collected non-personal data
Alter Way undertakes not to disclose the identity of visitors to our website. Alter Way may share general statistics about website visitors, data analysing their profile and other information with third parties involved in the website. These statistics shall under no circumstances contain any information that could reveal the identity of the people.
Alter Way has implemented certain technical and organisational measures to prevent any unauthorised access, misuse, disclosure, unauthorised alteration, illegal destruction or accidental loss of your personal data.
However, providing personal data (either directly on the website, by telephone or via the Internet) is never entirely risk-free and electronic communication systems cannot be completely protected from sabotage or hacking. The Internet is an open, insecure system and Alter Way may not be held liable for the security of personal data transfer.
Data storage limitation
Alter Way shall only store your personal data for as long as is necessary for the purpose of processing it, whilst bearing in mind the need to answer any questions or resolve difficulties, improve on or offer new services and comply with its legal obligations (for example, accounting and legal time limits for data storage). This means that Alter Way may retain your personal data for a reasonable length of time once it has finished processing it, in accordance with the legal and regulatory restrictions which apply to Alter Way (for example, accounting and legal time limits for data storage), and long enough to settle any disputes, or exercise or uphold Alter Way’s rights in the countries it operates in.
Once we no longer require the personal data we collect, Alter Way destroys and deletes it securely.
How to exercise your rights
You have the right to access your personal data at any time. You also have the right to request that the data be rectified, deleted, or to limit or object to the processing of your personal data, as well as the right to data portability as stipulated by applicable regulations.